ALAMO HEIGHTS REAL ESTATE OFFICE6061 Broadway
San Antonio, TX 78209
Christmas is just around the corner and many people are already thinking of different ways they can help others this Christmas season. The Jones Real Estate Group would like to invite each of you to give with us this Christmas Season with the Christmas From The Heart Program.
As many of you may be aware, Greg & Ann Jones have been involved with J-Jireh Ministries & the Christmas From The Heart Program for the last six years. This program works to gather, wrap, fill, and deliver shoeboxes filled with Christmas gifts to abused, battered and neglected children living in shelters in and around Bexar County. These children are products of broken homes in every fashion you can imagine. Christmas From The Heart’s goal is to give them hope and point them towards a more productive life.
Last year the Christmas From The Heart Program delivered nearly three thousand shoebox gifts to children in 39 shelters all across our area. This year our goal is 4000 shoebox gifts and 50 shelters or organizations. This year J-Jireh and Christmas From the Heart has been contacted by several additional organizations to supply hundreds of more Christmas Gifts for children in need! The challenge has grown and we need your help this year!
Below is information on How to Fill a Shoebox and the Christmas Shoebox Label to insert for the shoeboxes. There are lots of simple and easy things that can fill a shoebox for example: shampoos or small hygiene items, small gifts- like silly putty, play dough, inexpensive jewelry, caps, T- shirts, headbands, scarves, etc. It is not how much you spend on the items in the box, but your thoughts in filling the shoebox for the individual child.
Another way to help is by donating empty shoeboxes that can be used to wrap gifts in. A great (and easier) alternative to empty shoeboxes that can be used instead of the shoeboxes is plastic shoeboxes with lids that can be lined with red or green tissue paper. These boxes can be bought at The Dollar Store or…. $1.00! You can also DONATE monitarily to J-Jireh Ministries and The Christmas From The Heart Program.
Filled Shoeboxes, empty shoeboxes or gifts for the shoeboxes can be dropped off at ANY Phyllis Browning Company Office.
BOERNE REAL ESTATE OFFICE
210 E. Blanco Rd.Boerne, TX 78006
HILL COUNTRY REAL ESTATE OFFICE24200 IH-10 West, Ste. 101
San Antonio, TX 78257
NORTH CENTRAL REAL ESTATE OFFICE4372 N. Loop 1604 West, Ste. 102
San Antonio, Texas 78249
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help these children. Participating in this program has truly been eye opening. You see first hand how incredibly blessed we are and how a generous Christmas donation can make someone’s Christmas. For more information about J-Jireh Ministries and this amazing Christmas program please visit: www.j-jirehministries.org.
The Jones Real Estate Group’s BEST Tips to Get Your Home Ready to Sell this Year!
Are you thinking about selling your home this year? The Jones Real Estate Group has teamed up to give you their BEST tips in four major areas to help sell your home quick and get you the most equity from the sale of your home. Take a minute and review how these simple changes can help make the sale of your home a quick and easy reality.
First impressions matter!! The exterior of your home gives potential buyers the first impression and you want it to be looking its very best!!
- FRONT DOOR– Enhance front door entry by adding a nice clean wreath or potted flowers. A great Feng Shui idea is putting a pot of red flowers at the front entry. Keep the front entry swept and free of leaves and debris.
- LIGHTING-Clean your light fixtures or even make modern upgrades.
- PAINT– If the front door needs to be repainted, do it! This is where the buyers are waiting while the Realtor is unlocking the door. Also, if the exterior paint has started chipping off and fading away, you may want to think about repainting the exterior.
- FRONT YARD– Mulch all beds, replace dead or scraggly looking bushes. Trim trees and branches that overhang the roof. Add a pop of color with annuals if it is spring/summer. Keep grass mowed and blow all leaves when needed. During the holidays, keep your decorating to a minimum. Too many decorations or yard art detracts. Follow an easy rule- SIMPLIFY!! Try to keep the outdoor children’s toys in one area…like inside the garage.
- BACK YARD– The back yard or back patio can be another living space here in San Antonio. Highlight the covered patio and make it look like another sitting area. If you are lucky enough to have an outdoor kitchen, make it sparkle!
De-Clutter & De-Personalize
When you own a home, it is easy to accumulate more stuff than you intend to. Selling a cluttered home is hard due to the fact that many people do not have the necessary vision to see beyond it. Appearance is critical in real estate sales. Your family photos are beautiful and your kids’ drawings on the fridge are adorable, buyers want to be able to picture themselves in the house. That means putting away your photos, clearing your closets from unnecessary clutter, and using matching hangers to give your closet more visual impact. There are many solutions and things you can do to make your home look its best and sell more reliably.
- KITCHEN– The kitchen is the first place to start! The kitchen always seems to have lots and lots of little items that seem to grow and collect there. Clear counters and only keep what is necessary on the counter. Store small electrical appliances. Clean out your pantry as well as cabinet drawers. Keep floors swept and mopped. Make sure the trash/recycling bin are emptied everyday! Keep the kitchen sink totally clean-absolutely no dirty dishes ever! And don’t forget the refrigerator, clean it out and let it sparkle- even if you plan on taking the fridge. It is best to have it clean and odor free. A quick tip to help with odors is to cut a bit of lemon and run it through your disposal. This creates a clean, attractive citrus smell in your kitchen. Don’t be a heavy handed with scented potpourri or candles. Some buyers may feel you are covering up bad odors. Keep your scents fresh with fresh flowers or baking cookies.
- BATHROOMS– Bathrooms, same as with kitchen. Clean off the counters, no mineral spots on any of the glass, and keep fresh towels hanging on the towel racks.
- LIVING ROOM– Living room, family room, bedrooms, keep it simple. You can add personality with color of pillows or accessories but keep it to a minimum. Tone down the family photos that are everywhere. If you have a gallery as a focal point on a wall and it is professionally done, go ahead and leave it. But only if it enhances the area.
4. CLOSETS– Clean and neat closets with no dirty clothes strewn across the carpet or in the closets. Keep the clothes neatly folded or hung neatly on the closet rods. Have a clothes hamper ready in each bedroom closet so all family members know that is where the dirty clothes are deposited.
Keeping a neutral color scheme can help your buyers envision themselves in your home.
- NEUTRAL SPACES– Neutralize you color scheme on the walls in every room. Sometimes this is hard to do, but try and make the main rooms as neutral as possible. You want the buyers to “picture” their items in the house. Remove excess furniture and make your rooms look larger. You may want to add lighting and emphasize the natural light your home gets. Using a mirror and subtle lamps can help with this as well. When using curtains keep them neutral or choose ones with subtle designs. Using sheer curtains lets more light into a room and that can help your home look more appealing. Set the rods as high as possible and use thin rods to maximize the space.
No one wants to move into a dirty home, so clean your home to make it much more appealing to prospective buyers
- ODORS– Not all buyers like pets. Please make sure pets are secured and their water/eating bowls are removed when you are expecting showings. Have an objective neighbor or family member come in the house to see if they can “smell” that you have pets. There is nothing more of a turn off for potential buyers as pet odors. Especially cat litter boxes and/or pet stains on carpets.
- CARPET– Have the carpet cleaned professionally as well as the windows. Too many times home owners don’t clean their windows and carpets until they are ready to sell and this little thing makes your house so much more inviting that you should really start this as a yearly habit!
- COUNTERTOPS-Clear your countertops to make the space look larger, and enhance the open feel.
- SHOWERS– Bathrooms and kitchens are the two essential areas of the home, and they can make or break a deal. Clean dirty shower doors with a solution of one part muriatic acid and ten parts water.
From all of us here at the Jones Real Estate Group, we want you to be successful in selling your home this year. Our team has the experience and expertise to make your home selling goal a reality. We look forward to the opportunity to meet with you or your family and friends to discuss how together we can accomplish this goal in 2017!