Fall is here and it’s the perfect time to get your house in shape for the cooler months ahead. Autumn can be a busy season for homeowners but, it’s also the best time to take advantage of the moderate weather to repair any damages before the first frost sets in. Here is the Jones Real Estate Group’s Fall Maintenance Checklist to help you make sure your home is running in peak condition all winter long!
Super Bowl Ll between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons is fast approaching on February 5, 2017. Our team at the Jones Real Estate Group wants to share some of their favorite Super Bowl Eats and give you an opportunity to win a $50 gift card to Chick-Fil-A to use towards getting one of their easy, fast and ready to serve Hot Chick-fil-A® Nuggets Trays for your Super Bowl Party! For more information about how to enter continue reading below!
Two awesome dishes that Greg Jones prepares for Super Bowl are his Baby Back Ribs with Raspberry Chipolte Glaze and his Greg Rita’s for family and friends.
Greg’s Rib Recipe
- Start with a slab of pork back ribs and rub it with Canola Oil.
- Then rub with Fiesta Pork Rub both sides.
- Wrap in aluminum foil (shiny side in)
- Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for two hours.
- Bring the ribs out baste them with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce on both sides.
- Finish on the grill each side approximately 5 minutes.
Greg’s Ritas Recipe
- Mix 1 part tequila, 3 parts Jose Quervo Margarita Mix, ½ part Gran Marnier, and ½ part Triple Sec in a pitcher.
- Sit down, shut up and hold on!
Ann Jones makes an INCREDIBLE Pimento Cheese Dip and it is sure to please the masses on Super Bowl Sunday.
This recipe comes from www.gonnawantseconds.com go there to check some other fantastic recipes! But here is the pimento cheese recipe.
THE BEST PIMENTO CHEESE DIP
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
1 1/2 Cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
1-4 Ounce Jar Pimientos, Drained and Chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
1. Using an electic mixer, beat all ingredients until well combined and creamy.
One of Gary Wolff’s favorite eats for Super Bowl is this simple and easy slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip. This recipe comes from www.passionforsavings.com.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crockpot Recipe
2 chicken breasts or thighs
3 oz buffalo chicken sauce
4 oz cream cheese (half a container)
4 oz ranch or blue cheese dressing
1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)
½ to 1 cup shredded cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Place the buffalo chicken sauce and chicken breasts in a small pan and heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the chicken once while cooking.
Remove from heat and meanwhile, assemble the cream cheese, dressing, and celery and place in your crockpot.
Shred the cooled chicken and add it, along with the buffalo chicken sauce, to the crockpot.
Heat on slow for 2 hours to ensure chicken finishes cooking.
Stir in your cheese just before serving.
Serve warm alongside chips or vegetables.
Julia Arroyo is a self-proclaimed meat lover, so this recipe for Sweet & Spicy Chipolte-Honey Baked Chicken Wings hits the spot! This recipe comes from www.paleonewbie.com and is perfect for those of you wanting a delicious super bowl eat, without the guilt of it being unhealthy.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken wings (pre-cut)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbs chipotle powder
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- In a small bowl, prepare the dry Chipotle Seasoning Mix – stir to combine
- Place chicken wings on small wire racks, and set inside a foil-lined cookie sheet to catch drippings
- Generously coat all sides of the wings with the Chipotle Seasoning Mix
- First bake at 400ºF for about 35 minutes
- Next baste the chicken wings with honey
- Continue baking an additional 10 minutes at 400ºF
- Remove from oven and coat one more time with honey
- Serve hot, add a side of celery and carrots if desired
We are a lucky enough to have Mike Giddens, who is a native of Louisiana on our team. Mike loves a good Crawfish boil, but on Super Bowl this delicious bitesize appetizer is the next best thing. This recipe comes to us from www.keyingredient.com.
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup butter, melted
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup green onion tops, sliced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup Louisiana crawfish tails, finely chopped
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper
1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, butter, mozzarella, green onion, and garlic powder. Fold in chopped crawfish, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread crawfish mixture on French bread, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut in 2-inch pieces, and serve immediately.
From all of us here at the Jones Real Estate Group we hope you enjoy some of our favorite football food recipes and have a great evening with family and friends and good food as you watch Super Bowl Ll!
To be entered into our Game Day Chick-Fil-A $50 gift card GIVEAWAY just, LIKE our The Jone Real Estate Group’s Facebook page and SHARE our post and blog with your friends by Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 6PM CST. A random winner will be chosen Friday, February 3, 2017 at 10AM.