From the desk of Greg Jones…
On this Memorial Day 2017 I remember friends, family, and complete strangers who have given their lives so that all of us can live in this wonderful country in peace and freedom. Additionally I am very grateful for all the men and women of our armed services who are serving in various theaters around the world on guard for us.
“All Gave Some, and Some Gave All”
DID YOU KNOW…
- Memorial Day is an American holiday observed on the last Monday of May.
- This holiday honors men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
- Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971.
- Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades.
- It unofficially marks the beginning of summer.
For the Love of a Stranger
by Holly Rodriguez
I am a soldier, a mother, a daughter, a lover and wife,
Before I became a defender I had a full life.
I‘m a brother, a soldier, a father, an uncle and man,
I‘ve seen terrors of war that you can’t begin to comprehend.
Preserving freedom and the rights of people in our great land,
Against those who bring us destruction and can’t understand
A soldier’s deep love of our country and courage to fight,
For America’s people so they can sleep in peace at night.
Remember that the right for you and me to remain free
Comes from sacrifices of brave people you may never meet.
From all of us at Jones Real Estate Group, we hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and take time to reflect on the many wonderful blessings we enjoy in the great country.